School of Creative Technologies (CT)
Staff in the School of Creative Technologies have a wide range of interests across this multidisciplinary area. Therefore it is not surprising that the active research covers a surprising range of topics from the highly artistic (soft) to the highly technical (hard).
The soft research is still technologically based - it is mostly about understanding how technology is being, or will be, used to support creative areas such as animation, jazz innovation, web-usage and figurative language.
The hard research is about developing the technology itself to support a range of new applications, particularly related to teaching and training. For example, there is research into developing intelligent agents to simulate complex interactions on different devices (e.g. mobiles) or through virtual reality environments: some of this research involves human behaviour representation in intelligent agent systems. Another example is research into improving the technology supporting asset management in the broadcasting industry
Sponsors of our research include the following:
- DERA (now Dstl and Qinetiq) - For Intelligent Agents, Human Behaviour Representation, Knowledge Representation and Storage research projects.
- The EU for the IST-SCOUT Software Defined Radio project.
- BTG International Limited (ESPRIT) - For the Nanonet research.
Research in CT
Intelligent Agents Research Group
Visit these pages for information concerning:
- Knowledge Acquisition, Specification and Storage of Intelligent Agent Task Knowledge
- Intelligent Agent Code Generation
- Computer Generated Forces (CGF) and Simulation
- Agent Team working - formal models for coordinating agents, and models for agent (i.e. CGF) command and control.
- The Soar agent language
Nanonet Research/Web development
Visit the Nanonet Website at http://www.nanonet.org.uk/ for more information.
IST-SCOUT 'Adaptive User Profiles' for SDR Radio
We are currently developing adaptive user profile concepts for beoynd 3G Software Defined Radio (SDR) for which we work closely with Motorola UK.