The School of Engineering
Our research focuses on rapid product realisation, optimisation of process parameters, characterisation and optimisation of additive manufacturing, reverse engineering and mass customisation. We also work on remote monitoring and control of manufacturing machinery and processes. Our facilities have been significantly strengthened by serving as the Regional Centre for Manufacturing Industry, RCMI, with extensive links with local SME as well as knowledge transfer partnerships with industries.
Facilities in this area include:
- Metrology, CADCAM integration and reverse engineering
- Time compression technologies; rapid prototyping, tooling and manufacture
- Production process innovation and implementation; proof of concept and commercialisation
- Manufacturing systems; automation and CNC systems, lean and agile design and manufacture
- Virtual manufacturing; discrete event simulation, design for manufacture and logistics
Our funding sources include: EU; EPSRC; TSB; Regional Development Agency / Business Link; Hefce; British Council; ASME/IMechE and Industries.