Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation
Research at the Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation (ICG) covers theoretical and observational cosmology and astrophysics, and their interface, and is supported by grants from the Research Council STFC, the Royal Society and the European Union. The ICG is an associate member of the South East Physics network (SEPNet), and is a member of the following projects:
- the South East Physics Network Astrophysics collaboration (SEPNet ASTRO)
- the Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS3) that maps the distribution of galaxies
- the UK National Cosmology Supercomputer Consortium (COSMOS)
- the Dark Energy Survey (DES)
- the Low Frequency Array (LOFAR) UK consortium
- the Astrogrid Project designed to create a Virtual Observatory for UK and international astronomers
Most of our research falls under three broad categories:
Early universe and particle cosmology
Inflation, Brane-world Cosmology and String Cosmology, Primordial Perturbations.
Structure formation in the universe
The Cosmic Microwave Background, Galaxy Surveys, Dark Energy, Gravitational Lensing, Cosmic Magnetic Fields, Gravitational Waves.
Stellar Population Models, Chemical Evolution, Galaxies at Low and High Redshift.
Proceed to the Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation website.