Mrs Rhiannon Merritt
Rhiannon Merritt joined the team in the Psychology Administration Office as Course Administrator in March 2011. Rhiannon provides administrative support for the distance learning courses in MSc Child Forensic Studies: Psychology and Law and the MSc Applied Psychology of Intellectual Disabilities. Rhiannon also provides support to PhD students within the department.
Rhiannon was previously a student at the University of Portsmouth and completed the BSc Psychology in 2005. Since graduating Rhiannon has worked in various client support roles. Previous to joining the University, Rhiannon worked at Portsmouth City Council as an Alcohol Interventions Practitioner; providing one to one support to those in the city who wish to reduce their alcohol consumption.
Her main duties include:
- Registering students and maintaining accurate student information and assessment results on the Student Records system for the duration of their studies.
- Receiving, logging and arranging for timely marking and return of work to students.
- Inputting student assessment results to Student Records system.
- Dealing with student enquiries.
- Preparation of paperwork for Assessment Boards and notification of results.
- Ethics Committee submissions administration
- Minuting of Research Committee, PG Research Degrees Committee, Board of Studies, Unit Assessment and Board of Examiners meetings.
- Support for Psychology Now newsletter and media coverage of staff research.