The School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
Dr Paul Watson
Principal Lecturer / Undergraduate Course Leader
School of Civil Engineering & Surveying
Portland Building, Portland Street, Portsmouth PO1 3AH
- BSc (Eng) Geological Engineering (Queen Mary, London 1987)
- PhD Civil Engineering - (Queen Mary, London 1995)
- PhD Thesis Title: Geotextile Filter Design and Particle Bridge Formation
- Introduction to Environmental Science and Geology
- Soils and Materials 1
- Soils and Materials 2
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Coastal Landslides of the UK
- Filter and Drainage Geotextiles
- Landslides and Cess Pit Drainage
- Soils Laboratory Testing
- Active Geotechnical Consultant – Expert in Geosynthetics and Slope Stability Analysis. Also involved in Piling Design, Retaining Walls, Drainage Design and Shallow Foundation Design
- Committee Member of the ICE (South) Education & Training Committee
- Committee Member of the ICE (South) Southern Geotechnical Group
- Watson, P. D. J. & Bromhead, E. N., (2007) The Effect of Waste Water Disposal on Coastal Slope Stability and the Problem of Climate Change.,In Int. Conf. on Landslides and Climate Change – Challenges & Solutions, Ventnor, Isle of Wight.
- Watson, P. D. J. & Bromhead, E. N. (2000) The Effects of Waste Water Disposal on Slope Stability. In 8th Int. Symp. on Landslides, Cardiff.
- Watson, P. D. J. & John, N. W. M. (1999) Geotextile Filter Design and Simulated Bridge Formation at the Soil-Geotextile Interface. Geotextiles & Geomembranes, 17(5-6), 265-280.
- Harris, A. J. & Watson, P. D. J. (1997) Optimal Procedure for the Ring Shear Test. Ground Engineering, 30(6), 26-28.
- Watson, P. D. J. & John, N. W. M. (1998) Minimum Pore Size and Percent Open Area - Some Neglected Factors in Geotextile Filter Design,In CVJ Varma, G Venkatappa Rao, ARG Rao, AA Balkema (Eds.) Geosynthetics Asia ‘97 (Select Papers) (483) Bangalore, India.
- John, N. W. M. & Watson, P. D. J. (1996) Soil Particle Bridge Development at the Soil-Geotextile Interface,In Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. on Geofilters,( 237-246) Montreal, Canada.