School of Languages and Area Studies (SLAS)
Past Conference Proceedings
9th Portsmouth Translation Conference 2009
The Translator as Writer
Held at the University of Portsmouth on 7 November 2009
* Please note that the files on this page are in .pdf format and will require adobe acrobat reader to view the files.
- Denise Merkle (Université de Moncton) - Translators of Pragmatic Texts and Expert Writing: A Reflection on Translator Training/Education in New Brunswick, Canada
- Jody Byrne (University of Sheffield) - Are Technical Translators Writing Themselves Out of Existence?
- Gillian Lane-Mercier (McGill University) - Untranslatability, Non-Translation, Retranslation, Creativity: A Case Study
- Louise Askew (University of Nottingham) & Catherine Baker (University of Southampton) - Translating After War: Two Issues Particular to Post-Conflict Bosnia-Herzegovinai
- Stephen Crabbe (University of Portsmouth) - Controlled Languages for Technical Writing and Translation
- Louise Fryer (City University) - Directing in Reverse
- Richard Delaney (City University, London) - The Translator’s Copyright