Portsmouth Business School
PhD, DBA and MPhil Research degrees
The University of Portsmouth Business School firmly believes in encouraging individuals to unlock their academic potential and to this end welcomes applications from candidates wishing to pursue higher degrees by research.
A Higher Degree by Research allows you to:
- Enhance your career prospects (even if your research is not directly related to your job, employers will frequently look favourably on someone who has taken up this challenge)
- Gain intellectual stimulation
- Develop further your analytical skills
- Pursue an area of interest in greater depth
Our staff are at the cutting edge of their disciplines - many of them have written leading textbooks in the field and are consistently published in top-ranked international journals. Many of them frequently undertake consultancy work and research for a variety of local, regional, national and international clients.
This expertise and enthusiasm is channelled into our flourishing postgraduate research degree programme, where staff and students work closely together to ensure that each student satisfactorily completes their thesis. Recent theses completed (or in progress) give some indication of the breadth of our capabilities, and include:
- Corporate Governance Compliance and its Impact on Corporate Performance
- Consumer Demand for Counterfeit Goods
- Measurements of Fishing Vessel Capacity: Implications for English Channel Fisheries Management
- The Central American Common Market: An Analysis of Trade Integration
- Applying the Techniques of Risk and Simulation to Corporate Security.
- An Analysis of how Self-Categorisation affects Bullying in a UK Police Service
- Saudi Foreign Direct Investment Law and Practice
- International Liability from Environmental Pollution.
Find out more
For more information please see the links below, or if you would like to discuss specific aspects of undertaking a higher degree by research, your research proposal or your application please email@example.com.