Academic Registry

Student Administration

Whilst the Postgraduate Research Student (PGRS) in studying on their Research Degree programme they are governed by the Research Degree Regulations.  For the duration of the programme any changes from the RSR that was approved by the Facutly Research Degree Committee (or Chair on delegated authority) will need to be requested on the relevant form below and approved by the FRDC.  Once approval has been given, the Reserach Section will notifiy the PGRS and First Supervisor of the approval and any imact on formal review and thesis submission dates, where relevant.

For supervisor changes please use a UPR3.

For changes to the PGRS status such as interruptions/suspensions, withdrawal or change to the mode (e.g. full-time to part-time) please use a UPR4.  

Please note that for International Students, changes to the mode or status may have visa implications or an extension may be required.  Please speak to one of the International Student Advisors based in the International Office in Nuffield or the Student Immigration Service Team, Academic Registry for further advice.

If the PGRS requires an extension period beyond the standard time frames an application will need to be completed, please use a UPR12.

If, on the judgement of the supervisory team, a student is making unsatisfactory progress a formal assessment will need to be made and reported to FRDC.  The FRDC will then decide whether an interim examination is required or not.  For further guidance please contact your Faculty Advisor (Research) or

UPR3 - Application for Change in Approved Arrangements for Supervision [Word (.doc) - Mon, 03 Jul 2017 14:05:00 BST]

UPR4 - Notification of a Change Affecting the Registration * [Word (.doc) - Mon, 08 Jan 2018 10:22:00 GMT]

PDF Forms - Digital Signature Guidance [Acrobat (.pdf) - Tue, 19 Jan 2016 10:45:00 GMT]

UPR12 - Application for Extension of Registration [Acrobat (.pdf) - Fri, 04 Sep 2015 11:25:00 BST]