Tuition Fee Refunds
Please allow up to 4 weeks from requesting a refund to receiving it.
Refunds may be witheld if you are in debt to the University.
Please see our 'Tuition Fee Policy' for the year you are studying in, on our 'Tuition Fees' page to check if you are likely to be due a refund.
Before Requesting a Refund
- If you think you are due a refund because of a change in status such as withdrawal, suspension or transfer, you will need to complete various forms before requesting a refund. If you have not done this yet, please visit our Change of Status page.
- If you think you are due a refund because a sponsor/employer is now paying your fees instead of you, you will need to ask your sponsor to complete an RE2 Form, print, sign and return to: Academic Registry, University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, PO1 2UP before requesting a refund.
- If you think you are due a refund because your Local Education Authority (LEA) or Student Loans Company (SLC) are paying your fees by a Tuition Fee Grant or Tuition Fee Loan, you will need to send a copy of your financial notification to Academic Registry, University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, PO1 2UP before requesting a refund.
Please Note: Refunds are not usually given for suspension of studies. Instead the fees are carried forward to the next academic year. However if you feel there are extenuating circumstances, please contact our Finance Team to agree such terms.
Requesting a Refund
Once all the correct forms have been completed and returned, and any additional information required by Finance has been sent in, or if the refund is due because of other reasons, please complete the Refund Request form, print, sign and return it to the address given on the form.
Refunds will be paid back using the original payment method where possible, as below:
|Original Payment Method||Paid Back By|
|Debit Card||Debit Card used for Original Payment|
|Credit Card||Credit Card used for Original Payment|
|Bank Transfer||Transfer to Bank Account used for Original Payment|
This page is for refunds of tuition fees ONLY. We do not cover the following:
- Halls Fees - Contact our Finance Team
- Field Trips - Contact your Department
- Additional Study Costs - Contact your Department
- Graduation Tickets - Contact our Graduation Team
- Graduation Gown Hire - Contact Wippells
- Graduation Photos - Contact Success Photography
- Visa Refusals - Contact the International Office
- International students who have paid but NOT registered - Contact the International Office
If you require any further information regarding tuition fee refunds, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.