Department for Curriculum and Quality Enhancement
APEX Associate Fellowship Pathway (D1)
The Associate Fellowship Pathway to Descriptor 1 of the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and supporting learning in Higher Education (UKPSF) is for all staff both with and without previous experience who have responsibilities for supporting student learning in higher education.
This pathway is for new or experienced staff who:
- A member of staff who supports student learning on an academic contract e.g. Learning Support Tutor, Careers Advisor, Study Skills Tutor or Counsellor (achievement of Descriptor 1 is a requirement of probation for these categories of staff)
- An Online Course Developer, Assistant Librarian, Specialist Technician or similar
- A postgraduate research student who has completed GPROF, and has significant teaching responsibilities and the support of their supervisor
- A researcher who undertakes sufficient reaching activities to enable you to engage with the programme
- A Part Time Hourly Paid Staff (PTHP) lecturer with significant teaching and/or assessment responsibilities
Your Line Manager/ Head of Department will agree whether or not you should participate in this programme as part of the requirements of your role and must endorse the application. Inexperienced staff new to Higher Education will be expected to participate in a series of specified development activities.
Associate Fellowship Pathway starting dates (2pm - 4pm):
Associate Fellowship Peer Learning Sessions (2.00pm - 4:00pm):
Please book a place through the Academic Events Calendar.