Department for Curriculum and Quality Enhancement
APEX Fellowship Pathway (D2)
Full time academic staff are expected to work towards Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
- New lecturers with a full teaching load who have limited teaching experience in higher education.
- Experienced academics who are new to Portsmouth and who do not hold a qualification to teach in higher education that is recognised by the HEA.
- Experienced University of Portsmouth academics and support staff with substantive teaching and learning responsibilities.
- All new lecturers with limited teaching experience in higher education will be registered on the Fellowship Pathway Core Programme. The Core Programme involves an expectation of attendance at specific workshops (usually held on Wednesday afternoons) or to undertake equivalent on-line activities.
- All other members of staff who wish to work towards professional recognition as a Fellow of the HEA should seek the support of their Head of Department or line manager to register on the Fellowship Pathway. They will be encouraged to participate in professional development activities according to individual needs.
Fellowship Pathway (9am - 11am) and Fellowship Pathway (Core) (2pm - 4pm) starting dates:
Fellowship Peer Learning Sessions (9am - 11am):
Please book a place through the Academic Events Calendar.