Department for Curriculum and Quality Enhancement
Access resources from the University Library
The University Library Homepage is the launch pad to our subject resources, information about our services and our contact details.
Use this Library Catalogue to find out what printed and electronic resources are available or, if you are searching remotely, go directly to the E-books and E-journals tabs.
Library Help and Support
- The section Help Yourself includes:
- Subject Based Help which will enable you to discover key information resources in your subject area. A comprehensive list of library databases for your subject can be found under the Databases tab.
- A Directory of Library Guides to help you find appropriate guides to successfully access and use a number of key resources.
- Referencing@Portsmouth an interactive referencing guide.
- Problems with Accessing a Resource to help you troubleshoot some of the most common problems.
- For further help with accessing or using any of our resources, find out how to contact us from the Ask Us tab. PALS should contact email@example.com for login information.
- For more detailed advice on University of Portsmouth Library matters, including how your students can be introduced to our facilities, please email the Library’s collaborative partner contact Judith Stamenkovic or an appropriate Faculty Librarian. Don't forget that your own librarian or learning resource centre manager will also be able to help.
- Keep up-to-date with news and projects with the Library Newsletter (Issue 6).
Staff development workshops offered by the Library
- Staff development workshops - both support and academic staff are welcome to attend.
- Library workshops - turning 'search' into 'research' - will help you to find and use information more effectively. They are aimed at students but staff are welcome to attend as well.
Information for librarians and learning resource centre managers
- Any known problems and announcements will appear on the University Library Homepage.
- You might also want to join us on Twitter to keep up-to-date with important Library news.
- Look out for the bi-annual newsletter aimed at Library staff too.