Department for Curriculum and Quality Enhancement
Peers Enhancing Practice (PEP)
The University’s Peers Enhancing Practice (PEP) Framework (.pdf, 111KB), formerly known as Peer Review and Development, provides a systematic yet flexible framework for supporting PEP activities at departmental level. These activities involve reflection and dialogue between colleagues with the aim of enhancing the whole student educational experience and identifying related professional development needs. Guidance notes for both departments and individuals may be found below. Further advice on detailed operational issues is available from Academic Development.
- The PEP cycle - A guide to implementation (.doc, 38KB)
- Organising PEP at departmental level (.doc, 36KB)
- Confirmation for departmental records of PEP activity (.doc, 36KB)
- Guidance for the initial discussion between PEP partners (.doc, 37KB)
- Framework for reflection upon the outcomes of the activity (.doc, 37KB)
- Pro-forma for staff working towards HEA accreditation (experienced teacher route) or updating their CPD record
- Prompt sheet: Lectures or general face to face sessions (.doc, 37KB)
- Prompt sheet: Seminars (.doc, 45KB)
- Prompt sheet: Practical sessions (.doc, 46KB)
- Prompt sheet: Online learning course resource and activity design (.doc, 38KB)
- Prompt sheet: Assessment design (.doc, 40KB)
- Prompt sheet: Support for students with specific learning difficulties (.doc, 37KB)
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.