Department for Curriculum and Quality Enhancement
Part Time and Hourly Paid Academic Staff
The University provides continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities for part time academic staff in recognition of the crucial role that part time staff play in teaching and supporting the learning of students. Individuals are encouraged to take responsibility for their own professional development and to participate in the opportunities provided.
- Associate Lecturer Professional Development Programme (ALPROF): This is a short, online introductory course for part time staff who are new to teaching at university.
- Academic Development Events Programme: There are a wide range of workshops open to all academic staff including the Learning, Teaching & Assessment series which includes workshops on lecturing, running small groups, marking, assessment and feedback. There is also the Lunchtime Impact series which includes technology-enhanced learning and student support.
- Online Professional Development Resources: These are self-study resources on key aspects of the role of an academic in higher education.
- APEX Programme: More experienced part time staff can consider applying for professional recognition through the APEX programme and work towards fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
- Academic Consultancy Service: This is an opportunity for groups of staff, course teams and departments who wish to develop a particular aspect of their teaching.
|More information on...