Education Liaison and Outreach
You visit us
Year 6 visits (for member schools)
After SATs in May and June.
- Year 6 children visit the University for a 'Mini-University Experience'
- Supports the transition from primary to secondary school
- The visit includes:
- A mini-lecture based around an academic subject by a real lecturer
- A tour of the University facilities in groups of six–eight, run by students - see the library, Students' Union and more
- A whole-class graduation ceremony - children wear a mini graduation gown and graduate from UP for It Juniors
- Funding is available to help with transport costs to the University if you need it
Each year over 1,500 children visit the University for Year 6 visits.
Discovery Day (for local non member schools)
This years event will be on the 25th June 2013. The Discovery Day is for Year 6 pupils. Schools are invited to bring a maximum of 5 children along to the event. The aim is to involve those that would be able but unlikely to consider higher education in the future. This could be due to family circumstances, lack of aspiration or misconceptions regarding university. Booking for this event is essential, places are given on a first come first serve basis.
Please contact us for more information