Equality and Diversity
Equality and Diversity training
The Equality and Diversity Unit provide a wide range of training/briefings, including staff induction, e-learning, management briefings and bespoke sessions as requested by business areas.
All Staff Core Training
1. All staff, as part of their core training requirements, should undertake the the following equality e-learning within their probationary period:
- Equality and Diversity In The Workplace
- Unconscious Bias Awareness
- Anti-Bullying And Harassment
To request access to this training please email email@example.com
Other training available through the L&D programme includes:
- Transgender Awareness
- Disability Awareness
2. Staff may also wish to consider completing the Harvard Bias Implicit Analysis Test. This test is anonymous and for your information only and is not a requirement of the University training.
3. All staff will be introduced to support offered from the Equality and Diversity Unit during the staff induction event that all new staff attend.
1. As well as the all staff sessions, managers should undertake the following additional equality related training as part of manager core training. These sessions are provided through the Management Information Briefings Programme:
To see a full list of scheduled Management Information Briefings offered by Learning & Development (L&D), please visit the L&D Calendar of Events.
The Equality and Diversity team is able to offer bespoke tailored sessions for team meeting updates, or specific sessions. To discuss this further please email the Equality Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Training available for staff and students to access
Transgender e-learning package provided by GIRES and funded by Department of Communities and Local Government
Facebook - Managing Unconscious Bias
Google - Unconscious Bias@work
If you have already registered for University e-learning packages you can log on here
If you have any problems with the e-learning procedure please contact email@example.com