Estates and Campus Services
Important things you should know:
- The University offers a measure of car parking provision as far as its land capacity allows.
- New Government legislation came into force on 1 October 2012 which prohibited any vehicle being clamped on Private Land. As a result, the University looked at alternative enforcement options which would prevent cars being parked illegally in University car parks. To that end, Portsmouth City Council has been contracted to provide Traffic Enforcement and to ensure that vehicles parked on University land adhere to the University's parking regulations.
- Anyone parking on University premises needs to abide by the University’s car parking regulations which you can access through the link on the left hand side of this page.
- Anyone not displaying a valid permit/scratch card, or who has parked illegally, or who has parked in breach of the University’s regulations, will be issued with a Parking Charge Notice (PCN), payable to Portsmouth City Council.
- Anyone wishing to appeal against a PCN would need to do so direct with Portsmouth City Council – it is not a matter for the University.
- It is important to understand that possession of a car parking permit does not guarantee an available parking space.
- To find more Information on permits, spaces, car sharing and the regulations associated with car parking, lease use the explore list at the left hand side of this page.
- A link to the University's Car Parking Policy is given below.
If you need any further information or advice please ring the Car Parking Office on 02392 842805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.