Estates and Campus Services
Visitors Please note : Spaces are only reserved for Corporate Business Use via Departments
- Staff inviting visitors to the University must make them aware of the University’s parking regulations.
- Visitors must display a car parking scratch card in their vehicle’s windscreen.
- Visitors can park either in a reserved visitors’ bay or any standard car parking space available.
- Reserved bays are for the sole use of visitors on business only – the University has centralised visiting bays in two main areas on the campus, in the car parks below:
- Ravelin New
- St Andrew’s Court (This car park is for visitors only staff are not permitted to park)
- Scratch cards may be purchased from the Car Parking Office, Unit 2, St Andrew’s Court or from University House Reception.
- Each scratch card is valid only for the day of use and the cost is £2.
- To make a reservation for a visitor, please email email@example.com with your request, specifying the date, time, location, the name of the visitor and the registration number of their vehicle.
- All requests for car parking spaces must be made no later than 3pm on the day before the day the reservation is required.
- Please note: visitor spaces are limited and cannot be guaranteed.
- Any permit holder may park in a designated visitors’ area as long as they remove their car 30 minutes prior to the arrival time indicated on the A4 post. If a visitor space has not been used after 1 hour of the stated arrival time, the bay reverts to being an available space. Please note: This excludes St Andrew's Court.
- Students and contractors are not permitted to purchase scratch cards.
- Please see link below for any additional Public Parking when attending Interviews , Open Days or External Events held in our University Buildings.
Due to limited parking availability on our city centre campus, we cannot reserve parking spaces for our interview candidates. Separate parking arrangements are made for our large recruitment events, such as Open Days.
We would encourage you to use public transport where possible. The University is a gentle 10 minute walk from Portsmouth & Southsea train station, and National Express coaches have nearby coach stops. Car parking is available in all public city centre car parks for a small charge, as well as on the roads using parking meters.
Out of Hours Parking
We now offer 'Pay & Display' parking during the hours of 5.00 pm - 8.00 am Monday - Friday and all day at weekends. This facility is available to all users in the following car parks:
- Anglesea Rear
- Langstone Campus (Locksway Road) This car park operates 24/7 Pay & Display
- University House
If you need any further information or advice please ring the Car Parking Office on 02392 842805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.