Estates and Campus Services
To ensure that your internal and external post is dealt with quickly and efficiently, please make sure that the following points are observed:
- Indicate class/service on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Unless otherwise indicated mail will always be sent by the cheapest option.
- Be sure to imprint your departmental stamp on the reverse of the envelope. This will assist us should correspondence be returned to the University.
- To save time in the Post Room and to prevent any unnecessary work, please use an elastic band to separate 1st and 2nd class letters, ensuring that all of the envelopes are facing in the same direction.
- The earlier you get your external mail to the Post Room, the sooner it will be dealt with. Large postings delivered at the end of the day may not meet with the Royal Mail collection at 4.30 pm.
- Please inform the Post Room of any bulk posting (internal or external mail) at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Always use a name, department and building on internal mail. Failure to do so can result in delay.
- Bulk posting for internal mail should be sorted by department not building.
- Deliveries to Halls of Residence are made once a day. Please ensure that any correspondence for the Halls are placed in the internal mail and sorted into separate addresses.
- Do not send cash via the mail.
Departments should make their own arrangements for all other courier services, however, please feel free to enquire about Parcelforce prices for comparative costs.
PLEASE NOTE: In exceptional circumstances the Post room Supervisor will open 'returned' mail if unable to find address of original sender.
If you have any questions concerning any of the above mentioned services, please do not hesitate to contact the Post Room.