Estates and Campus Services

Using Vehicles on University Business

Booking a Vehicle

These can be booked via e-mail to Please Note: 48 hours notice is required.  A follow up copy of the booking form is no longer required as confirmation. All bookings are  processed via a web based system designed especially for the University by the contractual hire company.

Prices can be obtained by contacting Transport Section or Jane Sheldrake

If you wish to take a vehicle overseas, please let the Transport Section know in advance with at least three weeks notice. Overseas travel will only be arranged with the approval of the Head of Department.

Please ring for further information about overseas travel.

No minibuses to be taken overseas unless the driver can prove he has a PCV licence and has passed the medical and test required by the University.


The University vehicles are covered by a fully comprehensive insurance policy with an excess of £250.00. Please contact the Transport Section for information.


If you are involved in an accident while driving or acting as the person in charge of a vehicle, you are responsible for completing an Accident Report Form in respect of any accident to the vehicle or any person, property, or other vehicle. You should submit this form as soon as possible to the Transport Section. If subsequent to a motor accident, the Police prosecute you must inform the Insurance Officer immediately.