Halls of Residences

What insurance does the University provide for students in Halls of Residences?

 Insurance is arranged for students in University Halls of Residence under a block policy with UK & Ireland (Cover 4 Students). The cost of this policy is included within the weekly rent charge.

 Summary of cover

It is the student’s responsibility to check that the cover provided is sufficient for the possessions that they are bringing to University.  Please note that additional cover extensions can be purchased from the insurer e.g. to cover bicycles, laptops away from the home.


If a student wishes to make a claim what do I advise them?

 Students should navigate to the UK & Ireland (Cover 4 Students) to make a claim.