Health and Safety
Portable Appliance Testing
Course leaderThis course will be provided by an external trainer.
Target audienceStaff who carry out Portable Appliance Testing.
Aims of the workshop
This workshop will give participants an understanding of:
- The requirement of The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, with respect to the testing of portable electrical appliances
- The basic principles of electricity (Ohm’s Law)
- The dangers of electricity
- The classes of portable electrical equipment
- The principle precautions associated with the use of portable electrical equipment
- The inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Record keeping
- The requirements of The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
This course will include practical work.
As a result of attending, participants will:
- Be competent to carry out Portable Appliance Testing
- Be able to recognise the hazards and risks associated with electrical equipment
- Understanding of their duties under The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989