Soft skills in the workplace and why they matter…
Format: Presentation, written and interactive tasks
Presenter: Kass Hawkley
Time: 4 hours
Through attending this soft skills session attendees will be able to improve their listening skills and their ability to communicate effectively, not only with a diverse customer base but also with those customers that are unhappy with the service they have received. Using Emotional Intelligence and both verbal and non-verbal communication techniques front facing customer service staff will become more positive, confident and skilled members of their teams.
The aims of the workshops are to:
- Give staff a greater understanding of how well they are currently using their soft skills
- Give them the tools to improve their ability to listen effectively, communication clearly both verbally and non-verbally
- Enhance their levels of emotional intelligence.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Understand the 10 principles of effective listening
- Have an understanding of different types of communication and it’s barriers, both verbal and non-verbal
- Have an awareness of effective communication skills
- Have more tools to help them deal with unhappy customers
- Have a deeper understanding of emotional intelligence
- Know how to enhance their working environment through positive thinking.