Soft skills in the workplace and why they matter…
Format: An interactive session with a mixture of discussions, activities and group work.
Time: 4 hours
Effective communication is the foundation for excellent customer service, therefore the ability to communicate with a diverse customer base is key to improving the service we deliver. To that end this session will focus on developing and improving listening skills, using emotional intelligence to establish rapport and build relationships, and recognising the value and impact of positive verbal and nonverbal communication techniques.
- To demonstrate that all customers are different and therefore will have differing needs
- To explain the value of effective communication and how it can be used to build customer relationships
- To determine what excellent service is and how to deliver it
- To provide knowledge and skills to support delegates in delivering excellent service
- To recognise and identify the differing needs of customers
- To demonstrate the value and impact delegates can add to any customer interaction
- To have the opportunity to share best practice
- To have begun thinking about impactful changes and how to make them