Workshop 2 - Presentation Skills
Format: An interactive session with a mixture of discussions, activities and group work
Presenters: DE Programme Team and DE graduates
Time: 3 hours
This workshop will focus on providing delegates with the practical and personal skills to deliver effective and engaging presentations in readiness for the DE Final Event. There will be the opportunity for delegates to develop their skills in using presentation software such as Powerpoint, Prezi and Google Slides, providing support and guidance on how to get the most benefit from them.
In addition delegates will be provided with some practical skills and techniques to deliver their presentation with confidence, including methods to calm nerves and lower adrenaline levels.
There will also be the opportunity to hear from graduates of the programme, benefitting from their experiences in delivering service improvement projects and to work on their chosen service improvement plan.
- To provide the knowledge and skills to utilise presentation software effectively
- To provide practical techniques to overcome nerves and apprehension
- To provide insight into the opportunities for service improvement across the University
- To understand how to utilise presentation software effectively
- To be confident in delivering an effective presentation
- To have discussed opportunities for change and improvement and shared ideas on delivery