Recruitment and Selection Training
The Recruitment and Selection training will now be delivered in a modular style, allowing staff involved in the interview process to access the required modules in a timely manner.
'Trained Interviewer’ status is achieved once the pre programme e-Learning packages and modules 1, 3, 5 and 6 have been completed.
The full programme and module outlines, including the target audience and aims of the module can be found here.
Module 3: Recruitment and Selection: Shortlisting and Selection Process
All staff involved in the shortlisting process (Trained Interviewers, Convenors and Panel Members)
The shortlisting and selection module allows attendees to review a set of applications, work as a group to identify who they would/would not shortlist, understand how to update the online recruitment system and produce shortlisting feedback. They will also review information to be provided to the successful/unsuccessful candidates and the offer of employment stage.
The aims of the workshops are to:
- Provide staff with an understanding of the shortlisting process including updates to the online recruitment system
- Give staff the opportunity to undertake a shortlisting exercise involving discussion with colleagues and making valid shortlisting decisions.
- Allow attendees the opportunity to consider and produce a set of shortlisting decisions for each of the candidates
By the end of this module participants will:
- Understand the criteria for shortlisting
- Be comfortable undertaking shortlisting
- Be aware of the information that needs to be recorded in the online recruitment system
2 hour workshop
Leanne Prescott, HR Officer (HR Service Centre)
Please see the Learning and Development calendar for a full list of scheduled dates.
To book a place on this event, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org