Learning and Development
Creating a Coaching Culture - Coaching to Achieve our Goals
“Coaching is unlocking a person’s potential to maximise their performance, helping them to learn rather than teaching them.”
This is a 2.5 hour interactive and participative session for all staff. It is an introduction to coaching, what coaching is, where it can be valuable and how you may already be coaching in everyday life without knowing it.
At the end of the workshop, delegates will:
- understand what coaching is and how it supports the University Mission, Vision and Values
- recognise the benefits and value of coaching
- understand the skills required to be an effective coach
- be able to structure coaching conversations using the GROW model
- have had an opportunity to practice coaching in a safe environment
- have the foundations of a coaching toolkit and know where to find additional support and resources
Please come prepared with a coaching scenario that you are happy to discuss within the workshop. This could be work or home related e.g. you’ve reached a sticking point in a project, you’re exploring your career options or would benefit from coaching around a difficult situation that needs resolving.
A 2.5 hour interactive and participative session.
Zoe Irvine, Learning and Development Adviser
Click here for the Learning and Development Events Calendar listing all dates available.
To book a place on this event, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org