Learning and Development
Alpha-Beta: A Cross Cultural Simulation Exercise
This simulation was originally designed as a training exercise to enhance people’s sensitivity whilst visiting ‘overseas’ locations. In brief, the session is divided into four parts: an introduction, the formation of two cultures, the experience of visiting the other culture and then a debriefing opportunity to consider the ‘personal learnings’ that have been gained from this experience.
The simulation offers an experiential opportunity to:
- Learn more about the nature of culture.
- And how it determines our behaviours, thoughts, relationships and so on.
- Experience the transitional process into another culture
- Consider and reflect upon the nature of the transitions international students face annually
- And thus to consider what support they may require in their early months of transition.
Colin Lago & Alison Barty
Click here for the Learning and Development calendar with all available dates.
To book a place on this event, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org