Learning and Development
Developing your Supervisory Skills
This event is aimed at staff new to a supervisory role or aspiring to move into one. It is also relevant to more experienced supervisors wishing to refresh their approach.
These two, linked one-day workshops cover all the essential aspects of supervisory management and seek to develop practical skills and confidence. Within a confidential environment, participants can share and learn from each other?s experiences.
The aims of the workshop are to:
- Outline for participants the basic principles of effective supervision and highlight the skills needed by supervisors in order to succeed;
- Explore in more depth some of the critical areas of skills, ie self-management, team leadership, promoting and supporting team work and tackling poor performance;
- Provide opportunities for participants to apply good practice principles to representative case studies and scenarios;
- Create a supportive environment in which participants can recognise their strengths and identify how to build on these.
At the end of the workshops participants will:
- Have explored practical strategies for dealing with challenging situations by undertaking individual and group exercises.
- Have reflected on their role; assessed their current level of supervisory skill and identified ways in which to improve these.
Participants are asked to reflect in a structured way on their supervisory role and to attend the workshops prepared to share their thoughts with other participants. Click to download the Developing your Supervisory Skills pre-course preparation document.
Although the workshops include some structured input from the workshop leader about the principles and techniques of effective supervision, much of the time will be spent on individual and small group activities, feedback and discussion.
Rayna Baker, Trayna UK, External Consultant
"Both workshops were well presented and well explained"
"Very interesting and enjoyable"
"The variety of activities used was fun and kept it interesting"
Click here for the Learning and Development calendar with all available dates.
To book a place on this event, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org