Learning and Development
Guidance for Managers: Disciplinary Procedure
This workshop is part of the core training which the University of Portsmouth expects staff with management responsibility to complete, ideally within the probationary period.
The workshop will ensure that participants understand the purpose of the Disciplinary Procedure and are familiar with key stages. The overall aim is to resolve issues of misconduct fairly, effectively and in a timely fashion.
The aims of the workshop are to provide participants with:
- an understanding of the Disciplinary Procedure, the stages and who maybe involved
- an understanding of their roles and responsibilities in managing poor behaviour and conduct
- an understanding of the difference between conduct and performance
- an understanding of investigating issues under the procedure.
As a result of attending, participants will:
- understand the Disciplinary Procedure and when it applies
- understand their role at various stages
- be aware of emerging problems and how to manage these as they arise
- understand the importance of good record-keeping.
Attendees will have read and familiarised themselves with the Disciplinary Procedure and Investigation Guidelines (internal only) prior to attending as they will be heavily referenced to throughout the session.
Interactive event that will include briefings, case studies and small group work.
Human Resource Advisers
'Case studies helped by giving a broader view.'
'Informative, and great balance between knowledge delivery and groupwork.'
Click here for the Learning and Development Events Calendar listing all dates available.
To book a place on this event, please e-mail email@example.com