Learning and Development
Guidance for Managers: Managing Sickness Absence Procedure
This workshop is part of the core training which the University of Portsmouth expects staff who currently have people management responsibilities to complete, ideally within the probabtion period.
This event provides guidance in relation to the University's written Managing Sickness Absence Procedure, and practical tools for managers to deal with employee/individual sickness absence.
The aims of the workshop are to:
- explore and develop understanding of the University's approach to using the Sickness Absence Procedure
- provide guidance for using the University's Sickness Absence Procedure
- develop skills in managing sickness absence with individuals.
- comprehensive understanding of the University's Sickness Absence Procedure and the University's approach
- develop practical skills for managing sickness absence situations.
Interactive event that will include case studies, practical scenarios and small group work.
Prior to attending the session, please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the Managing Sickness Absence Procedure.
Human Resource Advisers
'A well run and informative session.'
'I will take away knowledge learnt and implement when dealing with my team.'
'I will be more aware of options available re: sick absence.'
Click here for the Learning and Development Events Calendar listing all dates available.
To book a place on this event, please e-mail email@example.com