Learning and Development
Presentation Skills: Firm Foundations
All staff where there is an expectation that they will deliver presentations
Half a day of practical activity and feedback, working with some key concepts on a presentaton you create.
The aim of the workshops is :
- To help people understand and improve their presentation creation and delivery skills
By the end of this workshop participants will have:
- Understood their strengths and development areas
- Understood some key principles of successful presenting
- Considered different structures and methods for making a presentation
- Considered the use of aids such as projections and props
- Understood and practiced simple approaches to the management of adrenaline and apprehension and techniques for the projection of confidence
- Created a short presentation and received verbal feedback and a digital copy of it.
Please bring along ideas for a presentation that you wish to work on live. This means bringing any key content information, but not in a finished form.
The best way of thinking about this is to answer the following:
- What do I need to tell a group of people, and why do they need to know?
NB. You might want to bring a laptop, however we will not be focusing on using PowerPoint.
Some theoretical ideas, mostly practical and interactive, working on your unique presence and material you bring to work on.
Anthony Richards is director of Dramatic Improvement, a company specialising in effective communication skills. Having trained in England and the US as a Theatre Director, he spent 20 years directing and acting with his own company. Since 2001 he has been working with businesses, charities and higher educational establishments in Europe and the US, helping people open up their emotional intelligence and find the positive energy to connect with others.
Click here for the Learning and Development calendar with all available dates.
To book a place on this event, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org