Introduction to Trans Awareness
Gendered Intelligence is a not-for-profit Community Interest Company, established in 2008. It works predominantly with the trans community and those who impact on trans lives; it particularly specialises in supporting young trans people aged 8-25.
They deliver trans youth programmes, support for parents and carers, professional development and trans awareness training for all sectors and educational workshops for schools, colleges, Universities and other educational settings.
The organisations mission is to increase understandings of gender diversity.
“Our vision is of a world where people are no longer constrained by narrow perceptions and expectations of gender, and where diverse gender expressions are visible and valued”
Everyone can be more intelligent about gender:
The aims of the workshops are to:
- Set the wider context for trans identities – how sex, gender and sexual orientation interact
- Explore key terms and usage of language
- Offer basic grounding in the legislation around the rights and responsibilities around trans identities; Equality Act 2010, Gender Recognition Act 2004
- Begin to explore how an organisation can ensure it is being trans-inclusive
- Provide links to a wide range of resources
- Have wider understanding of trans identities, key terms and usage of language
- Have understanding of the legal framework around trans equality and the responsibilities that places on the University and us as employees
- Have understanding of how we can support and deliver a trans-inclusive environment for staff and students
- Increase your confidence in work with trans colleagues and students
Prior to coming to the workshop please can you familiarise yourself with the Gender Reassignment and Trans Equality Policy. It would also be helpful if you could think about a situation in which you would like to communicate more confidently. We will explore these in greater detail during the session using some of the learnt techniques.
Workshop & discussion
Click here for the Learning and Development calendar with all available dates.
To book a place on this event, please e-mail email@example.com