Learning and Development Opportunities
Equality and Diversity
|Promoting Equality, Dignity and Respect in the Workplace|
|Workplace Disability Awareness|
Staff Induction & Initial Training
Guidance for Managers : Disciplinary Procedure (currently under review)
Guidance for Managers : Grievance Procedure (currently under review)
Guidance for Managers : Managing Sickness Absence Procedure (currently under review)
Guidance for Managers : Management of Under-Performance Procedure (currently under review)
The ability to carry out our roles in the most effective and efficient way is often neglected in favour of ‘just getting the job done.’ It is important to reflect on how things can be done better or more effectively, this section encourages you to reflect on your personal skills and see where you might benefit from guidance, development and support. Learning and Development offer a wide range of activities to improve personal effectiveness and communication skills and help you succeed at work. Topics include managing your time, working with assertiveness, creative thinking and problem solving and communicating more clearly and effectively.
Full details of the development opportunities included in personal effectiveness and communication skills are listed below:
Policies and Procedures
Recruitment and selection training
The Recruitment and Selection training will now be delivered in a modular style, allowing staff involved in the interview process to access the required modules in a timely manner.
'Trained Interviewer’ status is achieved once the pre programme e-Learning packages and modules 1, 3, 5 and 6 have been completed.
The full programme and module outlines, including the target audience and aims of the module can be found here.
Recruitment and Selection Programme
- Online Equality and Diversity E-Learning Package and Online Unconscious Bias Package
- Module 1: Recruitment and Selection: United Kingdom Visa and Immigration
- Module 2: Recruitment and Selection: Advertising and Marketing the Role
- Module 3: Recruitment and Selection: Shortlisting and Selection Process
- Module 4: Recruitment and Selection: Job Descriptions, Person Specifications and Grading
- Module 5: Recruitment and Selection: Interview Practice
- Module 6: Recruitment and Selection: Online Recruitment
New Academic staff can expect to be allocated a mentor as part of their induction.
Further details can be found at this link- Statement on Mentoring & Notes for Guidance