Here at the University of Portsmouth, we are committed to providing a programme of good quality management and staff development to ensure that staff understand their role in delivering University ambitions, and have the skills that they need to be fully effective.
The University's 'Leading Change' initiative seeks to enable successful applicants to contribute to the continued success of the University whilst also providing them with a tailored personal development opportunity. Further information can be found on our intranet pages or by contacting the Management and Staff Development Adviser for your client area.
September 2011 saw the launch of a new 'Leader and Manager as Coach' programme. The programme provides leaders and managers with additional skills to conduct PDRs in an effective and engaging way, work towards a coaching style of management and be empowered to lead staff to achieve institutional goals and support staff in dealing with change.
Further details can be found at www.port.ac.uk/landmc
Management and Staff Development, as part of Human Resources, currently also offer:
- Access to a wide range of management and staff development events, including:
- Access to tailor made activities to meet local development needs.
- Guidance on effective recruitment and selection.
- Developing the leadership and management skills of those in management roles.
- Information about the University's commitment to maintaining its whole-institution Investor in People (IiP) status.
Development opportunities provided to support other core areas of University activity e.g. learning and teaching; research and knowledge transfer can be found from the University's main Staff Development pages.