Information about the range of benefits and entitlements available to current members of University staff.
- Gym and Sports facilities These include gym access, group exercise and fitness classes.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) RehabWorks Ltd (Workplace Wellness) offers a free, confidential Helpline which provides unlimited access to information, advice and support, and onward referral to telephone or face-to-face counselling where appropriate. The service is designed to help deal with a range of problems, no matter how big or small, which may affect your personal life or performance at work.
- Dentistry The Dental Academy provides dental care by students to patients who do not currently have a dentist and who are available for multiple, potentially long appointments during the day. You can check on the NHS Dental Helpline website to find out if the Academy is currently taking on new patients.
- Bupa University Scheme New Bupa University Scheme, offered by Uni-Health and available to all University staff and their families. Some of the benefits include: Comprehensive Cover including Full In-patient & Out-patient Cover / Full Cancer Cover / Full UK Hospital Cover / University discount. Visit www.uni-health.co.uk or call 01929 477 318 for further information.
- Chaplaincy The Chaplaincy is available to staff and students, offering a sanctuary room as a quiet place for reflection and prayer, as well as Islamic prayer rooms, or just providing a quiet space to have a tea or coffee. The Chaplaincy also run regular events and provide information and support for all.
- DSE Sight Test If you are a regular user of display screen equipment, then you are entitled to a free eye test at Specsavers and a voucher worth £45 towards the cost of spectacles if they are required.
- MyDiscounts Provides employees access to a variety of savings across hundreds of retailers, offering great discounts, cashback savings and offers across hundreds of high street brands, travel, tickets and much, much more. Our Staff Disount Portal page has more information.
- Course Fees Discounts Staff discount on course fees of 30 per cent discount is now available on course fees for children of staff. This applies to undergraduate and postgraduate taught, full-time and part-time study.
- The NUS extra card is free for staff who are employed on 1 October 2017 or who join between 2 and 31 October 2017. Students who are currently employed by the University of Portsmouth are not eligible for the staff voucher code- NUS extra card: step-by-step application guidance . If you are not eligible for a free NUS extra card, you can still buy a card by going to the NUS website or by visiting the Students’ Union- Information for Staff section.
- The University of Portsmouth provides a Childcare Voucher scheme. Managed on our behalf by Edenred, the scheme allows staff with children to take some of their salary as vouchers to use for childcare whilst making savings on tax and National Insurance.
- Pensions Information about the three good quality pension schemes available to University staff.
- Life Insurance Equivalent life insurance cover has been put in place for the small number of substantive staff who have opted out of the three main staff pension schemes. Staff covered by this new life insurance cover will be informed in writing by HR.
- The University provides a generous leave entitlement of 32-35 days per annum and additional Christmas closure days*.
- Family-friendly Entitlements* are available to employees include maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave, flexible working and time off for dependents.
- First Bus Discount Members of staff can get a discounted rate when purchasing an annual bus pass.
- Rail Discounts- easitPORTSMOUTH is an external travel network that works to develop discounts for its members that support sustainable, healthier commuting and leisure journeys. A 15% rail discount is available for staff.
- Cycle Storage With access to free University bike compounds with your staff card, it couldn’t be easier to cycle to work.
- The University inter-site bus service is provided to help both staff and students to travel between Langstone and the Guildhall Campus.
- Car parking permits for staff If you are a current member of staff (including part time, hourly paid and casual staff), you can apply for a parking permit, the cost is deducted monthly from your salary.
- Discounted parking is available at Gunwharf Quays.
- Nissan Leaf Discount Own the longer range Nissan LEAF 30kWh for £219 per month, available through the easitPORTSMOUTH network.
- Family-friendly Entitlements* available to employees include maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave, flexible working and time off for dependents.
- University Nursery The nursery is a student facility, although sometimes places do become available for the children of University staff.
* Internal only