The Portsmouth Hallmark
Through the People Strategy, we will ensure that all our people are supported to acquire the Portsmouth Hallmark. The hallmark is based on the attributes that we wish our people to demonstrate, with the aim of our supporting our students to acquire the Hallmarks of a Portsmouth Graduate (Education Strategy 2016-2020). The characteristics of the Portsmouth Hallmark are that we will be knowledgeable, informed, self-aware, self-motivated and engaged. More specifically, our people will take pride in realising the aims of the University of Portsmouth, as appropriate to their role:
- Have an excellent understanding of their role and the part they play in ensuring that the University achieves its strategic aims;
- Have the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, coming up with creative and better ways of doing things, embracing change and challenges as they arise;
- Be engaged, with a sense of professional responsibility linked to a culture of valuing equality, diversity, difference, respect and sustainability;
- Be effective team players, able to communicate clearly and effectively, supporting all members of the University community;
- Be able to work in a range of environments, responding positively to new situations by being aware, flexible, agile and realistic in their expectations;
- Be proactively engaged in and proud of working for the University, and striving for excellence in all they do in order to achieve the best outcomes for the University and its students.
- Be passionate and effective advocates in promoting the University to the wider community.
(extract from the new HR People Strategy- agreed by University of Portsmouth Board of Governors 21 November 2016- due for publication Jan 2017)