Human Resources

Accidents at Work

Share |

Tue, 09 Aug 2016 12:51:00 BST

If you have an accident at work you should notify the Health and Safety Office immediately using form HS1.  Health and Safety will then let us in Occupational Health (OH) know that you have had an accident so that we can follow you up from the health perspective and check whether all is well.  We can also make an accurate note of your situation into your OH record.  We may need to advise you, your manager or the Health and Safety team if further action needs to be taken.

The OH Nurse will contact you, usually by phone in the first instance, just to talk through the injury you have sustained and assess how you are now.  Sometimes, if you are still experiencing problems, we will ask  you to come in and see us.  This is so that we can assess you better and advise whether there are any further treatmnet options such as onward referral to your GP or to a Counsellor or to the University Insurer's Rehabilitation Team.  You may be seen by either the OH Nurse or the OH Physician.

Once our assessment is complete we will send a report to your manager with a copy to the Health and Safety Manager, with your consent.