Occupational Health Service
How Occupational Health can help you
- Assessing health through pre-employment medicals, medical reviews, and health surveillance, to ensure you are fit for the job and that work is not harmful to your health
- Regularly reviewing health aspects of your work situation and recommending ways of maintaining a healthy and safe environment
- Form valuable links between employees, GP and manager during the rehabilitation period following a return to work after illness, surgery or injury and by helping to plan the approach to regaining a normal working pattern
- Maintain contact with those on medically certificated absence, where appropriate. Advice can then be given to the employee and the manager, with the aim of an early return to work and with reference to a rehabilitation programme where necessary.
- Offer counselling on personal and work related problems with complete confidentiality
- Offer advice on immunisation for work
- Provide information in relation to the health and wellbeing of employees
- Advice on work related travel
Please contact the secretary on ext 3187 to make an appointment to see or contact one of the Occupational Health Nurses should you need any advice on the above.