Claiming interview expenses
The rules for claiming interview expenses are defined by relevant University policies - the information below will help you to claim appropriate interview expenses.Please read the following notes before completing the Interview expenses claim form - Fin15 (Word doc) .
- The Claim for Interview Expenses form should be completed as soon as possible following your interview. Please ensure that you sign and date the form before returning it to the relevant faculty/central department. For a list of contacts please go to: http://www.port.ac.uk/contacts-and-departments/ . If you cannot pass it to the recruiting panel after your interview, it should be completed and returned as soon as possible.
- All remittance advices will be emailed to the address supplied on the Claim for Interview Expenses form. Please ensure that you complete your email address as claims will not be paid without this information.
- Mileage rates are reimbursed at the rate of 25p per mile.
- Rail journeys will be reimbursed at standard (2nd class) rates only.
- Please attach original receipts for accommodation (if applicable) along with all expenses incurred on your journey (except for mileage) to and from the University of Portsmouth.
- If you are eligible for overnight accommodation, this will be stated in your interview invite email. Where overnight accommodation is offered, it is your responsibility to book your own accommodation the night before the interview. You will be given access to the Holiday Inn Express Gunwharf corporate rate of £115 via a link (subject to availability) in the invitation to interview email, which includes a double room with breakfast. If you prefer alternative accommodation, you can book elsewhere and claim back up to a maximum of £115 including breakfast. Personal telephone calls and any other costs should be reimbursed by you personally before checking out. The reasonable cost of meals will also be reimbursed.
- If you are travelling from overseas, air fares will be reimbursed at economy rates.
- Please ensure original receipts are attached. Return journeys booked in excess of £300 must be specifically agreed prior to interview.
- The expenses of the successful candidate will be paid by BACS following their commencement of employment with the University.
- Expenses for unsuccessful candidates will be paid by BACS within three weeks of the form being returned to the Finance Department.
- Interview expenses are not normally refunded in the event of a candidate not accepting an offer of appointment, or withdrawing his/her application after the interview has been held.
Please note: If you have any queries on your expenses claim, please contact the Finance Department on +44 (0)23 9284 3034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org