The Vice-Chancellor heads up the University Executive Board (UEB) – our senior management team – which comprises the Vice-Chancellor, the Pro Vice-Chancellors, the Director of Finance, the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Human Resources, the Director of Corporate Governance, and the five Deans of Faculty.
- foster high performance, and be passionate about achieving results for the University;
- challenge assumptions and be creative around problems and solutions;
- recognise the impact of their decisions on students and colleagues;
- be committed to enabling all staff to contribute to innovative solutions;
- seek to work with empathy, openness and honesty.
The Executive Board will be:
- characterised by a trusting and enabling mindset;
- resilient in taking cabinet decisions and seeing them enacted;
- efficient and effective in managing finances and resources;
- enabling in its approach to supporting change across the University;
- committed to ensure that the entire institution is focused on the future direction of the University.
The team will normally meet fortnightly to discuss strategy, policy and resourcing and to ensure the University is managed effectively.