Academic Skills Unit
Friendly, professional and resourceful
Academic Skills Unit (ASK) Team
ASK is a central service of the University, consisting of a small group of lecturers based in the Nuffield Centre.
Our aim is to support students’ understanding and development of the thinking, writing and organisational skills that are needed to succeed at university. We work with students at all levels of study in the University, including distance-learning students.
We do this by:
- Offering expert, personalised, one-to-one tutorials for students
- Running a programme of skills-focussed workshops for students
- Providing a range of online learning activities (skills4study and skills@portsmouth)
- Providing a range of downloadable handouts
- Co-teaching with lecturers delivering University courses
ASK is one of a range of student support services at the University of Portsmouth. Click here for an overview.
|ASK, Nuffield Centre,
St. Michaels Road,
Phone: 023 9284 3028