Mental Health Advice
If you have concerns about your own mental health (or someone else's) you can contact Pamela Ringland - the University Mental Health Adviser. She is an experienced mental health professional.
How can the Mental Health Adviser help?
- Offer information about mental health and the Services available
- Give advice about medication and treatment
- Make a full assessment of your needs
- Offer ongoing support if you need it
- Make referrals to the Psychological Therapy Service or other sources of help where appropriate
Who might contact the Mental Health Adviser?
Pamela sees a wide range of students throughout the University.
- Just want to talk through your concerns or need information
- Be unsure about your state of mind and uncertain as to whether you need more help than you are getting
- Be depressed or anxious and taking anti-depressants
- Have thoughts about harming yourself
- Want advice with medication
- Have a history of mental health problems and want ongoing support
Contact the Mental Health Adviser
Pamela is based in the Nuffield Centre.
To make an appointment, contact Nuffield Reception in person or call on 02392 843049.
You can also email Pamela on email@example.com
In addition, you could contact Sane which has a helpful website, providing a telephone helpline, email support and a support forum.
Saneline telephone number: 0845 767 8000
6.00pm - 11.00pm