International Office


Langstone Flats

There are two types of accommodation available to students in Portsmouth: University-allocated accommodation or private rented accommodation. 

Where will I live?

The majority of University-allocated accommodation is halls of residence on three sites:

  • Guildhall Campus: Bateson Hall, Harry Law Hall, Trafalgar Hall, James Watson Hall, Margaret Rule Hall
  • Langstone Student Village: QEQM Hall, Trust Hall, Langstone Flats
  • Southsea: Rees Hall, Burrell House

All new international (non-EU and non-exchange) students starting a full-time course in September 2014 are guaranteed an offer of a place in University halls for the first year of study, provided we have received a completed accommodation application form and £250 advanced rent payment in cleared funds by the Friday 1 August deadline.



Alternatively, you can live in Private rented accommodation in Portsmouth - in either shared houses or flats or in lodgings. Student Housing offers support to all students to find this type of accommodation.  They publish lists of available accommodation, maintain a noticeboard for students and landlords to advertise vacancies and run a programme of house-hunting events. 

Click on the links above for more information or visit Student Housing. If you have any further questions, please e-mail