How to apply - Postgraduate Applicants
You can now apply for postgraduate courses online.
Alternatively, you can use the offline version of the postgraduate application form, which you can download by clicking on the link below. Two references are required for Postgraduate applicants. Please ensure that you download sufficient copies of this page.
- Application Form (.pdf)
- Application form - Section 4 Additional (.pdf) - please ensure that you include this insert with your application
- ATAS Student Guidance Notes (.pdf)
Please send your completed documents to the address on the application form.
Please note: We cannot accept direct applications from applicants in Nigeria due to the high rate of visa refusals and documentation issues. Applicants in Nigeria should apply online or through our local representative, Glory Educational Services. This includes applications for Distance Learning courses. A small charge will be made by Glory for administration and visa counselling. For more details, please visit our Nigeria page.
- Completed application form
- Personal Statement / Statement of Purpose
- Proof of degree and grades (officially certified and translated copies)
- Proof of English language level (e.g. IELTS or TOEFL Certificate)
- Two references on official headed paper, one of which should be an academic reference
An Alumni Discount of 20 per cent is available for postgraduate study for all self funded students who have:
- previously gained a qualification at undergraduate level at the University of Portsmouth or
- have been registered on a University of Portsmouth course at a partner institution and gained a University of Portsmouth undergraduate qualification
In order to qualify, both you and the course you wish to take must be eligible. For more information click here.
Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
If you wish to apply for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) course, please apply online at www.gttr.ac.uk.
If you wish to apply for MSc Social Work, please apply online at www.ucas.com