Information for Students from the Channel Islands and Isle of Man
The Islands Progression Agreement includes these benefits:
- A guaranteed offer of a place, or invite to interview (for courses requiring an interview) for undergraduate courses for students from the Islands if they meet our admissions criteria and subject to our usual application processes and deadlines. You can find information about our courses and entry requirements through dedicated course pages. Some courses are not included in the agreement, you can find out more through the terms and conditions page.
- A guaranteed offer of a place in a University Hall of Residence for all Islands students during their first full-time year in Portsmouth provided they submit an accommodation application form to Student Housing by the specified deadline in August. To find out more visit our accommodation pages.
- A dedicated Education Liaison and Outreach member of staff who attends your on-island HE and careers events, offering advice and support choosing a course and university, and keeps up to date with any issues that particularly concern islands students. Your dedicated member of staff at the University of Portsmouth is Charlotte Wheatland.
- A commitment to coordinate individual visits (by mutual agreement) from potential Islands students who are unable to make our Open Day dates. To arrange a visit please contact your dedicated Education Liaison and Outreach member of staff
- The option for new students to attend an induction specifically for Islands students, in addition to your department’s programme of events. This event gives students an opportunity to chat with other Islands students, find out more about support services at the University and to answer any questions about their experience so far