Economics and Finance
Professor Alan Collins
- Qualifications: MSc (Salford) BSc (Bradford) PGCE (Hull)
- Role Title: Professor of Economics, Head of Economics and Finance
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844128
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Economics and Finance
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I am Professor of Economics and Head of the Economics and Finance Subject Group. Previously I was a Research Fellow, Strathclyde University and an Engineer/Planner with Babtie Consulting Engineers based in West Yorkshire.
I teach a wide range of subjects at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. My teaching interests include Environmental Economics and Policy, Managerial Economics, Social Economics, Transport Economics, and Cultural Economics.
I am an active researcher in a number of fields, the most significant of which are environmental and natural resource economics, urban and transport economics, social and cultural economics.