Economics and Finance
Dr Georgios Chrysanthou
- Qualifications: PhD Economics (University of York), 2008; MSc Economics (University of Warwick), 2001; BSc(Hons) Economics (University of Warwick), 2000.
- Role Title: Teaching Fellow in Economics
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 023 9284 4258
- Email: Georgios.Chrysanthou@port.ac.uk
- Department: Economics and Finance
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
I joined the University of Portsmouth in January 2018. I previously held lectureships at the University of Alicante (2011-2016), the University of Exeter (2010-11) and Carlos III University of Madrid (2007-10). I hold a BSc (Hons) in Economics from the University of Warwick, an MSc in Economics from the University of Warwick and a PhD in Economics (specialising in Applied Microeconometrics and Labour Economics) from the University of York (conferred in January 2009).
Econometric Methods, Statistics for Economics, Economics for Business.
My research expertise lies in applied and theoretical Microeconometrics. My applied work spans the areas of Labour Economics, Health Economics, Economic Psychology and Political Economics. Published peer reviewed journal articles: The Dynamics of Political Party Support and Egocentric Economic Evaluations: the Scottish Case, joint with Maria Dolores Guillo, European Journal of Political Economy, forthcoming.