Economics and Finance
Dr Zahra Murad
- Qualifications: PhD, Economics, University of Nottingham, July 2015.
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE Office: Richmond 5.16
- Telephone: 02392844139
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Economics and Finance
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
I joined the University of Portsmouth as a Senior Lecturer in Economics & Finance in 2017. I studied my undergraduate and master degrees at Bilkent University, Turkey and moved to the UK to receive my PhD in Economics at the University of Nottingham. My dissertation was titled "Experiments on Confidence Calibration and Decision Making". After graduation I worked as a Research Fellow at the University of Surrey on the project "Delivering Better for Less: Improving Productivity in Public Services".
I have taught classes such as Mathematics for Economists, Game Theory, Microeconomics, Introduction to Macroeconomics, and Public Sector Economics.
My main research interest is behavioural economics and economics of decision making. I have looked at how confidence evolves as people receive feedback, how groups and individuals differ in their beliefs and decisions, and how gender biases manifest themselves in labour market situations.