Economics and Finance
Professor Michael Blissenden
- Role Title: Associate Professor at the University of Western Sydney and Visiting Fellow at the University of Portsmouth, UK.
- Address: University of Western Sydney Locked Bag 1797 Penrith NSW 2751
- Telephone: +44 (02) 9685 9399
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Law
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
Michael Blissenden has been involved with taxation for over 25 years. After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws from UNSW he spent 7 years in the Australian Tax Office, representing the Commissioner and assisting counsel with Federal Court matters. After completing his LLM at Sydney University he worked as a specialist taxation writer for the commercial publishers Butterworths and CCH. For the past 10 years he has been involved with the teaching taxation, firstly at ATAX UNSW and currently at the School of Law, UWS. Michael is a Visiting fellow of University of Portsmouth UK and a Member of TEQSA Panel of Experts.
Professor Blissenden has been heavily involved with exploring possibilities for improvement for student learning. He has examined ways to motivate and stimulate student interest through the use of various teaching methods such as role plays, storytelling and service learning. The result of such learning methods has been presented at teaching and learning conferences and through refereed journal articles.