Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries
Faculty Academic Skills Tutors
The Faculty Academic Skills Tutors (FAST) offer academic skills support and advice available to all students, at all levels across the Faculty.
Skills support includes:
- Academic writing and structure (essays, reports, dissertations etc.)
- Making the most of assignment feedback
- Critical analysis
- Referencing, citations and avoiding plagiarism
- Academic reading
- Presentation and communication skills
- Group work skills
- Time management: organising and planning your work load
- Exam and revision techniques
FAST runs drop-in sessions [term-time only], one-to-one bookable sessions, small group sessions and online sessions all tailored to suit students’ needs. Students will find a range of information, advice and activities on all of these academic skills areas on Moodle in the CCI Skills – Academic module.